Let’s say you wanted to put together a small but simple bag of gear to help a person in a non-permissive environment survive and possibly save other lives in a homicidal attack. Further suppose that despite the moral and ethical arguments for ignoring stupid rules, the carrier has decided to comply with the idiotic prohibitions on defensive weaponry. This rules out obvious useful items such as pistols, blades, OC spray, tasers, ASP batons and the like.
Given those restrictions, what would you like to find in your manpurse when the fit hits the shan?
So far I’ve got:
- Rubber door stop wedges
- A really damn good first aid kit. Not lame bandaids and butt wipes, but tourniquet material, heavy gauze, airways (suggestions in this area would be HIGHLY useful)
- LED or xenon flashlight, spare batteries
- Cyalume light sticks (for static illumination, signalling, marking exits, etc)
- 10″ crowbar/prybar for opening or breaking windows (or hammering above door stops into place)
- (For multiple story schools) length of paracord with knots tied at regular intervals for a last-ditch rope ladder
Your suggestions are invited!